Floquet Real-Time Renormalization Group
In this project a renormalization group method is developed for the description of open quantum systems in the presence of time-dependent driving, which applicable even strong coupling to the environment. The method is applied to the Kondo model.
- Dante M. Kennes, RWTH Aachen University and MPI for Structure and Dynamics of Matter
- Mikhail Pletyukhov, RWTH Aachen University
- Herbert Schoeller, RWTH Aachen University
Topic and Method
- Floquet theory in Liouville space
- Real-time renormalization group [PRB 90.085121 / arXiv:1405.3150]
- Kondo physics
As part of this project a python-library was written for working with Floquet matrices which are theoretically infinitely large and require a careful treatment of truncation effects when used in numerical computation. This library, written in C (and CUDA), is available here.