Floquet Real-Time Renormalization Group
In this project, a renormalization group method for the description of open quantum systems is combined with Floquet theory. The method is applied to the Kondo model.
- V. B., M. Pletyukhov, H. Schoeller and D. M. Kennes, Phys. Rev. B 106, 115440 (2022) (Download PDF)
- Chapters 3 – 6 of my PhD thesis
- Poster presented at the DPG condensed matter autumn meeting 2021 (Download PDF)
- Dante M. Kennes, RWTH Aachen University and MPI for Structure and Dynamics of Matter
- Mikhail Pletyukhov, RWTH Aachen University
- Herbert Schoeller, RWTH Aachen University
Topic and Method
- Kondo physics
- Floquet theory in Liouville space (as used in Floquet Green's function formalism)
- Real-time renormalization group [PRB 90.085121 / arXiv:1405.3150]
As part of this project I wrote a python library for working with Floquet matrices, which are theoretically infinitely large and require a careful treatment of truncation effects when used in numerical computation. This library uses the numpy C API, BLAS and LAPACK for best performance.
Also a python module for simpler handling of complicated RTRG-Floquet objects has been developed to make the implementation of RG equations more readable.
The following plots are interactive versions of the figures in Phys. Rev. B 106, 115440. The explanation of the figures can be found in the paper. Here you find only short excerpts of the figure captions.
The source code for obtaining these results is available online. The plots are generated using Plotly and D3.js.